- Collier had his first ear infection. I got the dreaded call from school to come pick up Collier because he had a fever. I immediately called the doctor since we were set to go out of town in a few days. Luckily, we caught it really early and with a round of antibiotics he was better quickly. I was concerned because we would be flying and I didn't know how that would affect his ears, but Dr. Foster suggested just giving him some tylenol before the flight and that seemed to work.
- Collier becomes more and more vocal every day. He makes a new sound we call the "Pterodactyl ". He started this on the plane to Virginia and it just makes us laugh so much. It is kind of a high pitched squeal he does when he gets excited.
- Collier's favorite activities right now are playing on the floor in his room. He still loves Sofie the giraffe and Ele his elephant. He also likes to sit in his bumbo in the kitchen and watch me cook/clean/do laundry.
- Collier loves going for walks in his stroller. He will literally just look around and babble to himself. Since the time change it is hard to go for walks after work so Jeff and I make sure we go on the weekends.
- We think Collier might be teething but not quite sure. He puts everything into his mouth which I know is normal for his age, but loves to chomp down on our fingers and anything else he gets in there.
- Collier is still not sleeping well, but we are getting through it night by night. I wonder if I will ever get a good nights sleep again!
- After our trip to Virginia, Collier began having seperation anxiety. His first day back to school, his teachers said he cried almost all day. No mother ever wants to hear that. After a day or two he was back to normal at school, but he still won't let me leave him alone in a room at home. Even if I walk from the living room to the kitchen (which are connected) he will scream until I come back into the same room he is in. I have heard this can last for months so I am not looking forward to that.
Here are a few pictures of Collier at 5 months:








No comments:
Post a Comment