Monday, November 14, 2011

4 Months Old!

Since Collier will be turning 5 months old next week, I figured I better get his 4 month post out.  I am just one busy mommy!  Life is so busy these days, but I try to treasure each moment I have with Collier because I feel like he changes every day.  His smile melts my heart each day, even when I get frustrated or I am exhausted that little smile makes everything better.  Right now he is so full of smiles and so much fun.

New things this month:

  • At his 4 month checkup Collier weighed 14 pounds 4 ounces (50th percentile), 26 inches (90th percentile), and 16 1/4 head circumference (25th percentile).
  • Collier had a battle with the croup a few weeks ago.  I think it was more scary for me than him, but it required a trip to the peditrician on a Saturday and a dose of steriods.  Thanks to my sister Rachel who immediately diagnosed it at 8:00 in the morning when I called in tears because of Collier's horrible cough.
  • Collier loves to put anything and eveything in his mouth, especially his giraffe teether. 
  • He loves to lay on his changing table and kick his legs up and down.  He is starting to realize he can pull his legs up to his chest and grab his feet. I am sure his feet will be the next thing in his mouth.
  • Collier still does not roll over consistently.  He will every once in awhile, but seems to have no desire.  Dr. Foster said that is normal for some babies and not to worry. 
  • Collier will now laugh out loud at things Jeff and I do and I am realizing he is ticklish.  He loves to do pat-a-cake and will shriek in delight when we do the hand movements.  Overall, he loves when we sing and make silly faces.
  • Collier is no longer sleeping through the night - unfortunately, his sleep patterns have regressed.  We are not sure what is going on but ever since Collier had the croup a couple weeks ago, he wakes up several times throughout the night.  This begins at about 1:00 am and usually goes until I feed him about 4:00 am.  He will wake up every 30 minutes to an hour and scream out.  All we have to do is go to his room and comfort him for about a minute and he falls right back to sleep.  We are working on self-soothing right now, but it makes for a heartbroken mommy in the middle of the night, not to mention exhausted.  Update: the last few nights we have made great improvement, so we have our fingers crossed that we are getting back to normal.
Here are a few recent pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment