Thursday, August 4, 2011

Collier - 6 Weeks Old

I can't believe my baby is already 6 weeks old.  Time is flying by!  I am amazed at how much Collier changes on a daily basis and I am trying to treasure each moment (even the not-so-fun moments).  In the past week Collier has really become more social.  I took out his activity mat with lights and sounds on Sunday.  This has been a total life saver and I wish I had opened it earlier.  Collier loves to lay on the mat and look up at the lights.  He will laugh, coo, and smile for what seems like a long time (really it is like 15 minutes, but it gives me time to eat breakfast, unload the dishwasher, etc.). 

We are also really trying to follow the eat, play, sleep schedule and it seems to be working really well.  Collier normally "plays" for about 30 minutes after eating, then I rock him and sing briefly (poor baby has to listen to my tone-deaf voice).  This normally puts him into a sleepy state.  I can either then put him in the bouncy chair or swing for a nap. I am going to try putting him in his crib for naps and see how that goes.

Look at that grin!

Looking at the lights!
Nap time!

Collier and I were at the pediatrician's office yesterday for a quick visit with the lactation consultant and this allowed me to get an official 6 week weight check.  Collier weighed 10 lbs. and 6.8 ounces. 

Here are some pictures of Collier at 6 weeks and I will hopefully upload some videos of him soon.











No comments:

Post a Comment