Sunday, August 28, 2011

2 Months Old!

I really can't believe that Collier is now 2 months old.  Time really is flying by!  I keep thinking about how in 2 weeks I have to go back to work.  It really breaks my heart because I love spending my days with my adorable little boy.  He is so much fun right now and whenever he smiles at me it just melts my heart.  I can't imagine going all day without seeing that smile. 

Collier has now realized his arms and legs move.  He wiggles and kicks constantly on his changing table and activity mat.  He also has found out how to put his hand in his mouth, but for some reason only the left hand.  He likes to raise his hands and just stare at them too.  I think he is trying to figure out how to get them where he wants. 
Collier had his two month checkup with Dr. Foster on Tuesday.  He weighed 11 lbs and 9 ounces (70th percentile), length was 23.75 inches (75th percentile), and head measured 15.25 (25th percentile).  He also got his first round of vaccinations.  He took them like a champ and only cried for a minute. I think it was harder on me than him.

Collier has been busy these past couple weeks.  He has been on 4 plane rides (San Antonio and Minneapolis) and did awesome.  I thought babies were supposed to sleep on planes because of the loud noises, but Collier did not.  He managed to stay awake the entire flight to Minneapolis and back (more on that trip in a later post). I did learn that people either love you or hate you at the airport when you have a baby.  I was lucky to have many people volunteer to help me out when I flew with Collier by myself, but we did get our share of mean looks!

Collier stayed in his first hotel and technically spent his first night away from Mom and Dad, even though he was in the very next hotel room with Oma.  He got to meet his Aunt Beth for the first time.  He met his cousins Brody and Leyton and Uncle Brad for the first time.  He also got to spend quality time with his cousins Brody, Leyton, and Callan in Minneapolis and went to the zoo for the first time (not that he will remember it).  Finally, Jeff and I got our first "date" night out since Collier's birth.  We went to Pappas Brothers with some friends and our good friend Heather graciously volunteered to babysit for us. 

Below are some pictures from the last few weeks:

7 weeks


8 weeks



2 months



Already a Rangers fan!

With Aunt Beth and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment