Jeff and I were all set for my 20 week OB appointment where I would get my anatomy sonogram and find out the gender of the baby. Then the big ice storm hit and my doctor's office was closed for 4 days. Then Jeff had to travel for work the next week. Finally, on Monday, February 14th, we were able to go in for our appointment. I had been informed to drink 2 glasses of water before the appointment and a few of my friends had said to drink something with lots of sugar to ensure the baby was awake and moving. So I did just that. The problem I had was the office was so backed up from all the rescheduled appointments that I had to wait 30 minutes for my sonogram. I was very uncomfortable and thought I might have an accident right there in the waiting room.
We were finally taken back and the sonogram technican started doing her thing. I still can't really tell anything on those machines. She would say, "that's a foot" and I just wouldn't see it. She did say the baby was very active....I guess the sugary drink worked. After she checked all the vital organs and limbs, she let me go to the bathroom and then it was time for the big reveal.
She asked Jeff and I what we thought the gender was. We both blurted out girl! I had done all the old wives tales, looked at the chinese calendar, and had a feeling since the beginning it was a girl. The sonogram technican said, "I hope you aren't disappointed because it's a boy!" I think we were in total shock, but a very happy shocked state.
After visiting briefly with doctor, we headed to buy our little man an outfit at BabyGap. It was the best Valentine's Day ever!!


There IS a baby in there! He's so cute! Looks just like his cousins. :)
ReplyDelete