Living in Dallas we expect to get one or two ice/snow storms a year. Well this year was no exception and it was much worse than expected. Monday night the rain started, turned to freezing rain, and then everything froze. We woke up on Tuesday morning to about 2 inches of ice covering the driveway, sidewalk, and road. Luckily, I was able to work from home on Tuesday and Wednesday. On Thursday we were told that snow was coming but just a half inch to an inch (a light dusting). Wow, was the weatherman off. We woke up on Friday to 5 inches of snow on top of the 2 inches of ice. Finally on Saturday morning, Jeff and I shoveled the ice and snow off the driveway so we could get the cars out. The temperature got into the 50s on Saturday and Sunday and we were actually able to get some things done (look at baby furniture).
Of course, last night the ice came back but not nearly as bad. I am so ready for spring now! I don't know how my sister does it Minneapolis all winter.
| Backyard |
Driveway |
| Front of house - Do you like the new shutters? |
| Driveway after we shoveled the snow and ice |
No comments:
Post a Comment