Wednesday, February 22, 2012

8 months old!

Happy 8 months to my little man!!  Wow I can't even describe how fast time is flying by these days.  It is crazy to me that Collier is already 8 months old.  I am amazed how fast he changes and every day is a new adventure. 

We have teeth!  After months of gnawing on anything and everything and drooling like crazy, Collier's first bottom tooth popped out on Friday, February 10th.  The second one made its appearance the following week.  It was so funny watching Collier constantly feel these new things in his mouth over and over. 

Unfortunately, Collier got his second ear infection this month.  Fortunately, it was only in his right ear and it was caught early.  But, it required a trip to see Dr. Foster which meant Collier got an 8 month weight check.  He weighed right at 19 1/2 pounds.  He is such a big boy!


Collier has really improved on his pincher grasp.  He can now pick up small bits of food with his fingers and most of the time can get the food into his mouth. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts though.  This could also be why he is now refusing to eat baby food with a spoon!  He currently loves to eat sweet potato, banana, avocado, squash, mum mum crackers, and puffs.

Avocado mustache

Collier has really entered "stranger danger" mode.  Just ask Grandaddy!  He is particularly terrified of men.  I think part of the reason is he is around women all day at school and his teachers say when a dad walks in the room to pick up his child, Collier loses it.  It is so sad....his bottom lip pokes out, he turns bright red, and then starts crying. 

Collier is on the move....kind of.  Collier is definitely more mobile than ever.  However, he doesn't get very far because he can only go backwards and in circles.  This usually results in Collier get stuck under the coffee table, couch, or in a corner.  He is trying so hard and it is so cute.  He gets up on his knees and then pushes himself back.  I am sure before I know it he will be moving forward and I won't be able to stop him.

Yes my child is still wearing Christmas pjs
Collier sleeps habits are getting back on track finally.  He was doing great, then got the ear infection which made for about a week of no sleep (he was literally waking up every hour), then Jeff went out of town for work and I thought oh great I am going to be a zombie, but Collier had much better plans - sleep through the night for Mommy!  It was great and ever since then he is doing much better.  He might wake up once or twice but it is usually around 5:45 and he immediately goes back to sleep until 7:15ish.  Sometimes I will let him come into our bed if it is after 6:00.  I love snuggling with him until we get up for the day.  He is growing up so fast that I have to take my snuggle time when I can get it.


Here are a few other pics of Collier at 8 months:


  




1 comment:

  1. Love the hair! He's starting to get a Justin Beiber do!!

    ReplyDelete