I seriously can't believe Collier is already 7 months old. My smiley yet temperamental, adorable, loveable, chunky little man grows more and more every day. I am amazed at how fast he changes and every day is a new adventure in parenting!!
Collier is really starting to move which terrifies me! Jeff can't wait for him to crawl, but I love being able to sit him on his playmat and know he will stay on it. Collier has started to be able to turn himself in circles in order to reach toys when he is on his tummy. I know this is just the beginning of him getting more mobile. Right now he just goes in circles, no back or forth movement yet.
Sometimes when I put him on his tummy he does this weird thing where he lays his head straight down and kicks his legs. He will do this over and over forever if I just leave him there. It is kind of odd! Maybe he thinks he is propelling himself somewhere.
Collier has moved to his "big boy" car seat. Of course he is still facing backwards, but is no longer in his infant carrier. He was about to the height limit and it was getting so heavy for me to carry, so we decided to go ahead and move him up.
Collier has started something new a school where he cries now when other moms pick up their babies. His teachers say it is so cute because he gets upset when his friends go home for the day and he is still there. It just makes me want to pick him up earlier!
Sleeping has improved......somewhat. We never know what our night will be like. Sometimes he sleeps straight from 8:00 to 7:00, sometimes he wakes up once a night, and sometimes it is just bad! We are still trying to let him self soothe as much as possible. On some occasions he wakes up, cries for a minute, and then immediately goes back to sleep, but by that time mommy is awake too.
Collier is still not that interested in food, but so far hasn't turned his head away from anything. He has tried apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, butternut squash, avocado, mango, carrots, green beans, and peas. He loves eating mum mum crackers and will sit contently in his high chair so I can do the dishes, etc. and they are great when we go out to eat to keep him entertained. Suprisingly, I have really enjoyed making most of his baby food in my Beaba baby food maker. I usually cook a few items on Sundays and freeze the food for future use.
Still no teeth....but chewing on everything like crazy!!
Collier is learning to hold his own bottle. The teachers at school have been working with him and now we are starting to have him hold it at home too. It is so funny because he will just grab his bottle and stuff it into his mouth. However, sometimes he either gets tired of holding it or maybe bored with it and I have to end up holding it for him.
Here are a few more pics from Collier at 7 months:









No comments:
Post a Comment